Founder Institute HQ got a special treat last week when Graduates from Jakarta, Indonesia visited and brought awesome team shirts and cake! There was also actual work that was done. The Jakarta group had pitching practice one on one with Adeo Ressi and talked startup strategy over dinner. One of the most amazing things about working with FI is its huge international community and getting to know so many people in diverse networks. Jakarta Director, Andy Zain, his colleague Dila, and all the founders embodied this perfectly. Each person was brimming with enthusiasm and motivation. Our small HQ team was impressed and inspired!
Andy Zain was featured in Techcrunch just a week before his arrival in Silicon Valley. The TC article highlighted his work on the team at Kejora (Ideabox) that securing $80M in funding for early-stage startups in Indonesia. Congrats to the entire team, and a big thank you to Andy for his tireless work in supporting so many founders across the country.
The nine Jakarta founders that traveled with Andy to meet us all at FI HQ are the best of the best. This January 2017 cohort started out as one of the largest classes in FI history! They hit the cap with 75 aspiring founders being accepted into the program. Founder Institute is always a rigorous and challenging course and these 10 graduating founders had 3X more competition than an average FI class. The quality of the graduating companies is a true testament to the excellent selectiveness of the 2017 cohort.
Please meet the Graduates of the Jakarta Founder Institute:
- Errika Ferdinata, founder of Bildeco, a B2B marketplace of building material for construction companies to directly connect with local and international manufacturers and suppliers by providing easily project support and payment.
- Ary Setiyono, co-founder of Wsignal, a crowdsourcing website to help telecommunications companies solve coverage problems while allowing mobile users earn extra money if they host a mini antenna on their roof. It is like AirBnB for Telecommunication.
- Indra Sjuriah is the founder of IndoGold, who helps investor to protect their wealth against inflation in gold and diversify their portfolio.
- Antonius Stefanus is the founder of Neetip, a mobile application to help shoppers that need to shop from overseas to connect to travellers that are willing to help.
- Erik Hormein founded Sevva, a rental service to help urban people with temporary needs to have a simpler renting experience by providing an automated rental system and more supply alternatives.
- Marvinus Kokoh Arif is the founder of Fishare. Their flagship product is Fishare, a self-farming module for precision fish farming.
- Rifki Pratomo founded Andalin, a one stop solution to help SMEs source import and export logistic services by integrating freight forwarders, drop-ship and custom clearance services.
- Bong Defendy is the founder of ZENDMONEY, a financial service that helps Indonesian migrant workers send money directly to beneficiary in Indonesia easier, faster, cheaper, and more securely.
- Gimin is the co-founder of PT Integral Industrial IoT, a software company that provides IIoT integration services to Manufactures.